Saturday, January 20, 2007

Safari and blogger

Well so far I only found one major annoyance, which is that composing in blogger doesn't work right in Safari. Things like adding an image will not work at all. Luckily the site works great in Firefox, my second choice in browsers. I was also annoyed to find out that if you let blogger scale the image, it forgets to include the icc profile in the scaled image's icc profile. Very bad!. iWeb at least maintained the profile if the image was tagged with one. Even with that, I think I'll stick with it for the time being. iWeb is simply impossible for photographers as it has a nasty bug where uploaded images suddenly have little white lines on the top or the bottom, forcing you to resize the image by 1 pixel increments (or decrements) until it gets it right. Of course, you can only seen this after you upload the site. Perhaps Apple will get this right in the rumored new version of iLife as they marked my submitted bug on this as duplicate, but I am not holding my breath.

1 comment:

  1. Had the same problem. Try masking the image in iweb before publish. adjust a little so that white line part of image doesn't show. doesn't fix the annoying bug, but is a little easier than the adjusting method.

    ReplyDelete