Sunday, May 22, 2011

Photographers at Mesa Arch

Gaggle
The Gaggle

Last November, I was in Canyonlands for a ride around White Rim. The first night I arrived there (Hallow's eve) I visited False Kiva, which is an awesome archeological site. After a very frosty night, I got up early enough to break down my tent (frost on it!) and drive over to Mesa Arch trailhead. This is an extremely popular site for photographers to go in the morning as it is a 10 minute hike to a very spectacular view. The rising sun lights the canyon wall below this arch and makes the bottom glow bright red. When I got to the trailhead, a truck pulls up next to me and it turns out to be my buddy Dave. He apparently arrived at the campground very late at night and slept in the back of his truck and heard me drive off, jumped up and followed me. Dave must have been very cold, but he is probably used to it as he is a colonel in the Air Force that spent quite a bit of time in various places around the world. I have had a gallery up on smugmug for a while that I will describe on my blog some time in the future. For now, here are some pictures of the gaggle of photographers that showed up. It can get much worse apparently.

Did we get the shot?
Did we get the shot?

My buddy Dave at Mesa Arch
My buddy Dave and my homemade panohead.

1 comment: