Sunday, September 2, 2012

New homepage slideshow

I updated the slideshow on my main portfolio page. This page is hosted by smugmug and I heavily customized the slideshow module for this using CSS. Please check it out and let me know how it works for you. I only checked using Safari and Firefox since I do not have a windows machine. Amazingly, this looks really nice on retina screens as it uses high resolution images that are downscaled by the window manager instead of by flash or something else.

Update: I am now using Fastline Media's fullpage slideshow code. It misses a few features from Smugmug's code (no direct clickthrough - no support for retina (it scales to normal resolution before displaying for some strange reason)) but has several that make it work really well such as that it scales to the browser screen in both dimensions and can display behind the other elements on the page.

1 comment:

  1. Works really well. The images are nothing short of spectacular. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete