Monday, June 1, 2009

Flowers in Enchanted Forest

I went on a quick afterwork photohike along the Apex trail that is one of my mountain biking favorites. When I rode it last Friday, I noticed many blankets of flowers along a trail in the Apex open space called "Enchanted Forest". This place is an uncommonly wet and dark forested area for the Denver foothills. I took my wooden panorama setup to make some high res imagery. I take 9 images at regular angles and stitch them together with hugin. This also allows for dialing in a shift, mimicking the effect you get with a tilt-shift lens on large format. Here is one of some sunflower like flowers (larger versions in the link):



These appear to be white violets. Many blankets of these were to be found along the enchanted forest trail.



At this point, I had to scurry to avoid getting completely soaked by an approaching thunderstorm however and hoped these would come out good. As they indeed did! These images will print great even at the very largest sizes my service offers.

Last but not least. Here is the flickr set.

Update: Some more images of this same place.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete