Friday, February 2, 2007

Panorama at Mount Falcon Colorado

Mount Falcon Panorama
The image above is a Panorama I made a while ago at Mount Falcon open space in Morrison (click for larger size in flickr). This is a place where I love to go Mountain biking. This image was taken by using 32 RAW files, converting them to 16 bit tifs and stitching them in Hugin. Then I used primitive HDR processing (basically just shadows and highlights) to bring out the areas that were black in the stitched picture. Now you can see all the beautiful blue and green mosses. In the full resolution image (almost 20 MP) you can count the skyscrapers in Denver. Pretty cool.

Here is another panorama I took a while later in the same open space park. This was before sunset and didn't need much processing. I also used a fisheye lens and shot it by hand (instead of a panoramic head) using only 8 single exposures. Looks pretty cool.
Mount Morrison and Red rocks from Mount Falcon

No comments:

Post a Comment