Friday, September 18, 2009

Minor site redesign

I've been playing with the CSS template for this blog in order to generate a clearer layout for the site. I wasn't happy with the optical separation between blog posts and the general fit and finish. As you can see, I now have a (more than) full-width top image and I changed some minor elements. This all looks fantastic on the browsers I have access to, namely Safari, Firefox, and Chrome but I do not know what it will look like in IE. I know that the drop shadows I added to the site title and other headers (which are CSS3 properties I understand) probably will not work in Internet Explorer, but they look very nice on the browsers that everybody should be using. Let me know what you think and also if you find any bugs in the layout. The screenshot below shows what it should look like. The framed image on the right will indeed cut off if you decrease the width of the browser window too much. Don't know yet how to solve that but this only arises when people have very low resolutions set on their displays.

EDIT: should have gone for a Droste Cocoa can effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment