Friday, March 25, 2011

Sauron moon

This burnt tree (looks like a ponderosa pine) in White Ranch open space reminded me of the tower in the Lord of the Rings movies where the eye of Sauron was perched between two spires. So I framed the moon between them to be perched like the eye of Sauron.

The dark tower
This was assembled from nine images at 55 mm, f/22, 1/15s, ISO 100. Buy a print.

Close to this burnt out hunk, I found some nicely structured dead trees. These were the same as I put on flickr a while ago when I photographed them using my iPhone on a bike ride (the reason I returned here with full photo gear).

Lava
Lava
Single shot, 70mm, f/16, 1/5s, ISO 100. Buy a print.

Glow
Glow
9 images at 150mm, f/16, 1.3s, ISO 100. Buy a print.

Eyes
Eyes
single image at 150mm, f/16, 1.3s, ISO 100. Buy a print.

Chunky
Chunky
9 images at 70mm, f/16, 1/5s, ISO 100. Buy a print.

There is a set of images on smugmug here where you can order large prints. If you're into the social networking thing, check out the set at flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment