Saturday, July 30, 2011

Patch of Columbine

I shot this image a few weeks ago in Mayflower Gulch. I was there with my daughter to photograph the sunset which is often spectacular there. This evening, we had mostly gray skies and light drizzle rain. We still had a good time and once in a while some color appeared. There actually were a few seconds of good color that I was lucky enough to catch (you might see one of the images next to this post in the featured gallery sidebar). I will blog about those images later. The Columbine image below is a high resolution stitch that will print 6 feet high while retaining exquisite detail.

The patch
Assembled from 9 images, D300, ISO 200, 18-55 mm Nikor at 35mm, f/16, 1/30s. Grad ND to darken the sky.
Buy a print of this image.
See this image on flickr.

1 comment: