Monday, August 29, 2011

Snapshots from the black canyon

Just a few more snapshots I shot while at the black canyon. I posted some more "formal" imagery from this excellent place before but of course I cannot help snapping a few more images here and there.


Flower ... depth
Flower ... depth
D300, Tokina 11-16mm at 11mm, f8.0, 1/50s, manual exposure

radiance
Radiance
D300, Tokina 11-16mm at 11mm, f8.0, 1/50s, manual exposure

On the cliff
My tripod on the cliff (you can see I don't suffer much from vertigo). It is about 2000 feet down over that ledge.
D300, Tokina 11-16mm at 11mm, f8.0, 1/50s, aperture priority exposure

Contorted
Contorted
D300, Tokina 11-16mm at 11mm, f8.0, 1/25s, manual exposure


Lava dyke
Lava dyke in black and white. This image is also on smugmug where you can buy a print. It's a high resolution composite of 9 images.

V
V. A view of the river from the Oak flats hiking trail where I did a quick morning walk before heading to Telluride.
D300, Nikon 18-55mm at 40mm, f11, 1/30s, manual exposure

2 comments:

  1. I was taking a shot one day on a similar edge using my 4x5 camera and was so engaged with making sure my settings were correct I *almost* didn't think and nearly walked around in front of the camera to change the aperture. That would have been a long step.

    Sometimes vertigo can be a good thing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow! I can see that happening indeed. Not really any easy way to change the aperture/shutter on a 4x5 any other way. I have done this almost while making 360 degrees panoramas too.

    ReplyDelete