Sunday, January 29, 2012

More from Mount Galbraith

Mount Galbraith Golden vista
Mount Galbraith Golden Vista. Buy a print.
Assembled from 7 handheld images Nikon D300, Tokina 11-16 mm at 11 mm, f/11, 1/160s, ISO 200

This is the same tree as I showed a few weeks ago. It's a nice vantage point overlooking Golden and Denver as you can see and I thought it would make a nice panorama. You should really see it large which you can by clicking on the image above. I stitched it together using the outstanding (and free) hugin software. The individual images were developed in Lightroom 4 beta and I did a little post in Lightroom 4 beta too.


  1. looks lovely, but I'm willing to bet its hard country to live in ... if you have to live off the land

  2. It probably is. There is a lot of agriculture out there on those plains though but it is all dependent on irrigation from mountain runoff (to my back here). This region was home to quite a few nomadic tribes of plains indians before all the settlers came here, so it was clearly possible to live off the land.