Sunday, January 29, 2012

More from Mount Galbraith

Mount Galbraith Golden vista
Mount Galbraith Golden Vista. Buy a print.
Assembled from 7 handheld images Nikon D300, Tokina 11-16 mm at 11 mm, f/11, 1/160s, ISO 200

This is the same tree as I showed a few weeks ago. It's a nice vantage point overlooking Golden and Denver as you can see and I thought it would make a nice panorama. You should really see it large which you can by clicking on the image above. I stitched it together using the outstanding (and free) hugin software. The individual images were developed in Lightroom 4 beta and I did a little post in Lightroom 4 beta too.

2 comments:

  1. looks lovely, but I'm willing to bet its hard country to live in ... if you have to live off the land

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably is. There is a lot of agriculture out there on those plains though but it is all dependent on irrigation from mountain runoff (to my back here). This region was home to quite a few nomadic tribes of plains indians before all the settlers came here, so it was clearly possible to live off the land.

    ReplyDelete