Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Portal - a quiet Mount Toll reflection

Mount Toll is an iconic peak in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. Usually you see this peak from a completely different angle. In September I decided to hike up to try and see a glacial lake that is clear on the topo map above the well-known Blue Lake and made it over the moraine in time. I wrote about that hike before here and here and there is a gallery that has images from it here. Going through my library looking for some images to test print on some nice paper I got from Santa, I came across the below image that I had somehow ignored first time around but that really struck my eye.

reflection in Upper Blue Lake
Portal. Bigger and Prints. On facebook. On flickr.
Nikon D600, Tokina 16-28 mm f/2.8 at 19 mm, f/22, 1/3s, ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment