Saturday, May 22, 2010

What browser do you use?

A few days ago I started tracking site visits using the fantastic and free google analytics. Checking it out this morning, I noticed something extraordinary in the browser statistics. First, let me show you the stats over the last week (click for bigger)



Internet Explorer is in 4th place here! The top two browsers are color managed (Chrome on Windows is not color managed by default contrary to the mac version). Of course this is just one site with a built-in bias towards more geeky folks so it doesn't mean much for the wider web, but still this is extraordinary and a great sign of progress.

Lastly, I am surprised at the number of mobile visitors. I had 8 iPhones, 3 iPads, and one Android device visit the page. Strangely my Blackberry doesn't show up even though I know I looked at the site with it. This probably has to do with everything going through a proxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment