Monday, July 23, 2012

Emerald Lake reprise

I went up to Emerald Lake in RMNP yesterday evening with my daughter. Even though this place is a traditional sunrise setting, I know from the geography of this place that in midsummer, it should work as a sunset too. Hallett peak and the ridge to the left should be lit by the setting sun and could create a nice band of light especially when it is cloudy at the same time. This evening looked promising but unfortunately, as happened many times before, the clouds were just too thick for any color. On top of that it started pouring right at sunset and didn't let up the whole time walking down to the car. Still had a great time. I did create the below panorama that I still liked.

Rainy emerald evening
Rainy Emerald Evening. Buy a print. See on flickr. See on G+. Large on smugmug.
Stitched from 7 images. Nikon D300, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 at f/16, 1/10s, ISO 400 (forgot to change it ;-) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment